Monday, October 17, 2011

Here's what you missed...

I hope you all can take a moment to look at your schedule and figure out a time that you can come be a FABULOUS friend in 1A! The kids absolutely love this time of the week and get so excited to find out who our mystery person is! (FYI, try to keep it a secret from your child so he/she is surprised too!) Remember, if Thursday/2:00-2:45 or both do not work for you then we can figure out another day/time!

Friday, we had our first class birthday! Happy Birthday Michael K! 1A thanks Michael for bringing in a special birthday treat to share. Please feel free to drop off birthday treats at arrival and we will have it at some point during our day. If your child's birthday falls on a weekend or holiday break, you can do it before/after their actual day! We will celebrate all summer birthdays in May/June!
(I won't forget you, promise! I'm a summer birthday too!)


 We are taking a brief break from our short vowels to work on beginning and ending blends! Be sure to review these with your child. It will be very helpful in both his/her reading and writing (spelling)!


Thank you for donating empty gatorade/water bottles! I have all that I need for now. If I need more, I will definitely ask! :) I used your donations to make discovery bottles for the kids. I saw this idea on http://www.pinterest.com/ I thought it would be a perfect addition for our centers. Ask your child what he/she had to "discover"!


Finally, to help the kids recognize questions/exclamation sentences, we made these reminder diagrams. We worked on the question words today. We will work on the exclamation one tomorrow. This one will be especially helpful when writing sentences at home for spelling or other practice. Keep it handy so that they kids know what to start a "question" off with!


Have a great day! Please be sure to e-mail me when you want to do fabulous friend. If you have any pictures from homecoming, please send those to me as well.

THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment