Monday, February 6, 2012

Catholic School's Week Recap!

From my last post you could see that we had TONS of fun planned last week! I wanted to tell you all about it and share some of the fun! :)


Monday: We had to special visitors come and talk to our class. We had a deacon and a doctor. The kids had quite a few interesting questions and learned a lot about each profession.


Tuesday: We made penguin fact & joke books for the Children's Inn at NIH. We used the facts from our penguin books earlier in the week. The kids illustrated the various jokes that I was able to find. I think one of their favorite jokes was: Q:"What do penguins sing at birthdays?" A: "FREEZE a jolly good fellow!"


Wednesday: We had our open house from 10:00-11:30. The kids were great when visitors came in the room and really focused on their work. I think I was more distracted than the kids were. We hope you enjoyed the letters and cards that the kids made to show their appreciation for all that YOU do! :)

Thursday: Today was such a FUN day! In the morning, we had a freeze dance party as their student appreciation gift! The kids LOVE to dance and sing! Take a look at some pics below! For some reason, the video is not uploading. I will keep trying!





In the afternoon, we had a blast with Mrs. S.
She came in and we made some seriously decked out sundaes!
They were delicious! I wish I had pictures of the oreo faces!

We finished off the afternoon with the first ever DOUBLE DARE!! It took a lot of planning, but I am so happy I did it. It was a lot of fun hosting and watching the teams battle it out. The game ended in a tie or so they tell me! :)

Finally...Friday was a BLAST! We finished off the week with a buddy mass and buddy fun! We played outside together and enjoyed a couple treats thanks to our buddy teacher, Ms. G! After that...it was SHOW TIME! The teachers performed "Teach Me How to Study" and I think it was a big success. You can see my rapper outift below with a few students! I am still waiting on the video :)

Just a reminder...this week we are reviewing the MANY skills that we learned during UNIT 3. We have lots of different activities planned to review these skills before our unit test. Please be sure to review the spelling list for the test on Friday! The 100 days project is due tomorrow.

Be sure to check back later in the week to catch up on the
100 days of school celebration tomorrow! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment