Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What a DISCOVERY! :)

Spring Break is over but I am so happy to be back with the kids. I miss the little ones after a few days away. They always know how to make you laugh and my students
tell the cutest stories!

I had a great Spring Break! I was so thankful to have my mom and brother travel down from Buffalo for the 1st half of break. They arrived Wednesday night and stayed until Tuesday. We did lots around the house, played cards, chatted, and just laughed. I love having my family & in-laws all together. We are long time family friends so we get a long great! It was fun watching my niece & nephew hunt for eggs! Stanley helped die the eggs! My mom, brother, Stanley, & I went to the Yankees/O's game! GO YANKEES! It was a lot of fun.


 I traveled back to Buffalo with my family on Tuesday to enjoy their company for a little longer. Sunday, the last day of break, happened to be a beautiful day! Michael & I hung out with our pups all day! :)


Sometimes the first day back after break is tough...but yesterday was great! :) I was so happy to see all the kids! I missed there smiles and their giggles. They did really well getting back into the groove yesterday. The kids also knew I was excited because my favorite group NKOTB was making a big announcement! I LOVE being your child's teacher but I also love my music. I have learned to embrace that I will always love NKOTB & BSB and will be proud of that! :) I am very excited for August and the Hershey Park MixTape Festival. Hopefully I will have no problem getting tickets this week and could only dream of  getting VIP! :)
The kids want to learn a song or two by the end of the year!! It'll just be one more thing I would love to teach them! :)
Now...today was AWESOME!!! Living in the DC came in handy today. All morning we were talking about the shuttle Discovery coming to DC from Florida. We talked about how it was going to travel, looked at pictures, and were excited for our recess time (10:00). We knew we had a chance of seeing the shuttle being transported on the 747. I was checking updates from WTOP and it didn't look like it was going to fly over our area. I went out with the kids and hung around for a bit but nothing flew by. The recess bell rang and the boys started telling me that they saw the plane. I will admit, I didn't believe them at first because there was no commotion from the teachers on duty. THEN...Mrs. C shouted, "HERE IT IS!!" I moved everyone outside to see it fly RIGHT OVER the playground. I immediately ran back into the classroom to grab my camera. I was able to snap an OK picture and got some video. The video is a little shaky because one of the kids was tugging on my skirt.




We knew this was history in the making so we came back inside to pull up the live feed. Mrs. G, Mrs. P, & I watched with the kids as the plane circled the airport. We were so excited to watch it land and what do you think happened...THE LIVE FEED CUT OUT! I rushed to get it back up and the plane was already on the ground! :( We were so bummed! I am going to pull it up for the kids after lunch!

So, the week is off to a great start! Flat Stanley information will be coming home today. Projects are now DUE MONDAY! :) I will be working on my project too!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment