Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy Wednesday :)

Happy Wednesday! I wanted to thank all the parents for coming to conferences last week. Please be sure to talk with your child about the positive comments and areas of improvements that we discussed. I want all the children to know what they are doing well and what they should be working on the next few months. Also, be sure to look over the "general conference notes" and practice the sight words too! If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me. Since November is our only "planned" meeting time, contact me if you ever need to set up a meeting. I will do the same :)

One thing I wanted to stress that came up at conferences was the Grammar. As I told many of you, I want the children to focus on writing a good sentence (complete thought, capital letter and period). The rest of the topics are meant to be an introduction. Please review the weekly grammar skill with your child. Also, the writing (and spelling when writing) will eventually come. My focus right now is for your child to get their thoughts on paper and work on their reading! :)

This week, Ms. L & I are getting together our plan for our first "Thanksgiving MONDAY FUNDAY!" Aside from a brief Science test, we will be doing a variety of activities on Monday that center around Thanskgiving. We will also be preparing for Grandparent's Day. If your child WILL NOT be here next week, please let me know in advance so that he/she can take the Science test Friday. Also, grandparent permission slips will be sent home today in the Wednesday folders. Please turn the forms in by Friday! :)

If your child will be here for Grandparent's Day, but a grandparent can't attend, find anyone that you can! An aunt, uncle, cousin, or YOU can come to support your child! :)

Please remember that SCHOLASTIC book orders are due Friday. There are TONS of great books that would be perfect for a birthday or even Christmas gift! :) Also, there are many options ONLINE that are not in the catalogs that were sent home! CHECK THEM OUT! :)


"SURFS UP!"
Beach Day in 1A



No comments:

Post a Comment